Thursday, June 17, 2010

Introducing Myself and Winding Down...

As I have said in my "About Me" section. I am a high school teacher...math teacher more specifically, so I am sure you will find lots of spelling/grammar mistakes in my blog. I have always been a lot stronger with numbers and not as much with words, so I think it is a little ironic that I am starting a blog. But, you can catch my mistakes and I will help your son/daughter pass Algebra...even trade!

I have a wonderful husband who loves me even on my bad days! I love spending time with him and sharing my love for Disney. You could say that we had a Disney romance. We were engaged in Disney by the Sassagoula River. We returned the next year for our honeymoon and then again the following year for our 1st anniversary (on that trip we signed up for DVC). We didn't make it back for our 2nd anniversary, because we welcome our son to the world. We will be returning to Disney this August to take our son for his first trip!

I have a 15 month old son who is my entire world! He makes me smile every day. He has the ability to make me want to pull my hair out and then in the next second has me laughing hysterically. He has such a big personality...I can foresee him being the class clown (and as a teacher, that makes me a little nervous). He loves Mickey Mouse...most people think we have brain washed him, but really, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was the first show that would catch him attention for more than 30 seconds at a time. We have video of him playing and stopping in his tracks when he heard Mickey's voice and starting to dance around. So our course his first birthday party was a fully decked out Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party!

The school year is finally winding down. It has been a tough year. It was hard to leave my little boy and go back to work when he was only 5 1/2 months. Our lovely new governor has made life for teachers even harder. And even though I enjoyed all the snow and snow days we had this winter, the added days at the end of the year has made me feel like I am running a non-stop marathon. We finally are in "finals time", so I just have a few more days to grade finals, pack up my room and look forward to my summer with my little man.

We are less than two months away from our Disney trip and I am getting more excited by the day! I am sure I will be posting lots about our planning and my apprehension about taking our son for the first time. Don't get my wrong, I really am excited, but as you get to know my little mouse, you will see that he is a non-stop ball of curious energy who doesn't always turn on his listening ears (he is after all, only 15 months old). Hopefully there are some seasoned Disney parents out there than can offer some advice along the way.

Well...gearing up for my last Friday of the school year! Going to go read a little Kingdom Keepers III before bed and dream of my "laughing place".

1 comment:

  1. I empathize with you! Your title in an inspiration to help keep life in perspective. It's not always easy, but maybe if more of us could find our "laughing place" on a more regular basis, we'd all do a little better in our lives.

    ReplyDelete